|Area||UK - London, UKUK - South East, UK|
|Skills||Technology - Systems Admin|
|Salary||Paying up to £46k pa + plus excellent benefits & Training progra|
|Consultant||Kelly De Vroede-Strong|
|Telephone||+44 (0)20 7871 8551|
A world leading biometric research centre are searching for a Linux System Administrator to join their IT Infrastructure team. Salary £42k - £46k pa depending on the level of experience plus excellent benefits. Based in Central London.
As the Linux System Administrator you will be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operations of IT services that support core operational functions as the organisation transitions into stable operations.
You will be responsible for delivering a range of IT infrastructure services for example - network infrastructure, collaboration & enterprise applications, virtualization & platform to name but a few. You will also have the opportunity for skills and knowledge improvement via a structured and self-learning projects/assignments.
Your role as the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Managing components of one or more of the core systems service areas: IAM, Network Infrastructure, Virtualisation & Server Services, Storage, Back Up & Archiving or Collaboration & Enterprise Applications.
- Work with the wider team to organise, plan, implement and maintain the services.
- Work with stakeholders from a variety of levels across the organization as well as 3rd party suppliers
- A solid background in Linux (CentOS/RHEL or Ubuntu) and have a sound understanding of the Linux fundamentals, configuration and Infrastructure and experience in enterprise server environments.
- Ability to write scripts is a plus, experience in either Python or Perl or Bash would be a big advantage.
- Familiar with working within a DevOps environment using: Ansible (will consider Puppet, Chef or CFengine) and Docker or similar Container tools will increase your chances.
- A passionate Sysadmin with experience in simplifying, improving and where possible automating system administration tasks.
- A collaborative individual who has experience of working in an agile environment.
Linux System Administrators who have prior experience or demonstrable understanding in a number of the following would be an advantage: Active Directory, SSO, familiar with: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, large-scale storage/ backup technologies, experience of working with a mixed OS server environment, Networking, Virtualisation technologies, DR & Back Up, Data Centre technologies, High Availability, Web Proxies, COTS, Open Source technologies will be greatly appreciated.
In return, you can expect to receive a competitive salary, a structured career development programme and excellent benefits:
- 31 days' annual leave (includes 3 annual privilege days) plus 8 days' bank holidays
- Contribution Pension
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Eating Out & Technology discount vouchers and much more
- Childcare Vouchers
Are you a Linux System Admin looking for an environment which gives you the opportunity to work in a wider scope, where working with the latest technologies is the norm? Apply today in complete confidence or contact Kelly Strong at Inspire People for further information.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
Sysadmin / systems administrator / system admin / system administrator / Linux / CentOS / RHEL / Ubuntu / bash / python / perl / DevOps / puppet / Ansible / cfengine / docker / containerisation / container tools /aws / Cloudstack / vmware /