This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - Wales, UK|
|Skills||DevOps & Linux - DevOpsDevOps & Linux - Developer|
|Salary||Up to £33,811 + Benefits|
|Telephone||020 7871 8555|
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer or individual with transferable skills such as Systems Administration with automation to join a newly formed platform scrum within a major Government Department as a Platform/DevOps Engineer, working on a diverse range of DX projects with a focus on continuous improvement. Exposure to automation technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or Concourse plus familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP and Azure. You will be joining a growing Digital Team with opportunity for personal and professional development. Up to £33,811 including a range of benefits such as flexi-time and training opportunities. Cardiff.
The role will be responsible for cloud migration of services as well as automation, provisioning and delivery of the organisation's platforms and environments. You will have the opportunity to grow your skill set within a company that are going through a time of great transformation and you will learn to balance delivering at pace with a service availability focus.
As Platform/DevOps Engineer you will:
* Be involved with the following tasks; providing problem resolution via coding and scripting, implementing reports and metrics, software build and release, including having an awareness or continuous integration, continuous delivery approach, automating manual processes.
*Work in an agile environment and have the opportunity to further develop your skills as a well-rounded Platform/DevOps Engineer - applications from Sys Admins/ individuals that have focussed on automation or encouraged.
* Work in a collaborative environment, which actively encourages continuous personal development (the digital team are allocated personal innovation time weekly where you could focus on working with new technologies, gaining certifications and generally upskilling yourself.)
Essential experience and competences for the Platform/DevOps Engineer includes:
* Commercial experience of working as a Platform Engineer/DevOps Engineer or in a role that focused on automation.
In return you can expect to receive a salary up to £33,811 plus excellent benefits, including:
- Innovation time weekly to focus on personal development
- Friendly and welcoming culture and environment - ability to join societies and groups
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent promotion opportunities
- Pension contribution of up to 20%
Please note that the nature of the post may require you to do overtime during the week/weekends and there will also be a requirement to take part in an on call rota.
If you are a DevOps/Platform Engineer or have a background in providing automation services to an organisation (perhaps as a Sys Admin) and looking to further your career with an organisation who pride themselves on training and providing progression opportunities, then apply now or please contact Shayda James at Inspire People for more information.
Inspire People is acting as an employment agency to individuals and the employer.