|Location||City of London, London|
|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Security|
|Salary||Up to £50,000 + benefits|
|Telephone||020 7871 8555|
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, security focused individual that has either been working as an Information Security Analyst or in a role involving providing IT security, with experience of working with Azure, Firewalls and Linux, looking to step up in career, to join a world-leading and respected science research organisation in the heart of London. As well as keeping up to date with the latest security and technology developments, you will work to protect the organisation by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats (including the protection of computers, data, networks and programmes) and providing IT helpdesk support where needed. The split will be approximately 60% security, 40% IT Helpdesk (1st/2nd/3rd line support). Permanent role, Central London. Up to £50k + benefits.
In this role, you will engage with all of the IT department to research and evaluate emerging cyber security threats and find ways to manage them. Individuals that have a passion for IT/cyber security, a keen interest in IT and previous experience of providing security to an organisation (perhaps as a Sys Admin) that is looking for an opportunity to develop their skills set further will be considered.
As IT Security Analyst you will:
*Provide IT Helpdesk support - 1st/2nd and 3rd line support (approximately 40% of your time will be spent doing this as you will be working in a close knit team and would be expected to help the team where necessary).
*Monitor the network using Darktrace, investigating any abnormalities and monitoring for potential issues.
* Provide oversight to the organisations azure environment - ensuring that the 200 + users are following governance, handling systems patches and ultimately ensuring due diligence/best practice which will reduce the chance of a breach. * Help create a centralised log system, monitor for attacks, plan for disaster recovery in event of any security breaches, test and evaluate security products, identify potential weaknesses and implement measures (such as firewalls and encryption) to eliminate this.
Essential experience and competences for the IT Security Analyst includes:
* Experience of working in a similar role or providing IT/cyber security to an organisation (Essential).
* Experience of working with Linux/ a background in Linux (Essential).
* Firewall management experience (Essential).
* Experience of working with Azure in a security setting (highly desirable).
In return you can expect to receive a competitive salary up to £50k plus benefits and the opportunity to develop your career:
- 30 Days Annual Holiday PLUS Bank Holidays (ability to carry over 5 days into next leave year)
- Pension (10% employer contribution, 3% personal).
- Opportunity to gain recognised certifications (ITIL)
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts Benefit Scheme (travel bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities etc)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
If you are an IT Security Analyst or have a background in IT Security and looking to further your career with an an organisation whose research is aimed at improving the quality of human life, then apply now or please contact Shayda James at Inspire People for more information.
Inspire People is acting as an employment agency to individuals and the employer. We are committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. We encourage interest from a wide range of individuals as possible and we particularly welcome from applicants from groups underrepresented in the Technology sector.
"Splunk", "Darktrace" , "ISO2007001", "Linux", Firewall Management, Azure, IT Security Analyst, Security Analyst, Qualys, Tannable, Sys Admin