|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Management / LeadershipBusiness / Digital Transformation - Management / LeadershipIT Infrastructure - Cloud Computing / Virtualisation DevOps & Linux - Management / Leadership|
|Salary||Up to circa £100k plus excellent benefits|
|Telephone||+44 (0)20 7871 8558|
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior DevOps Lead or Platforms Manager with proven expertise in building a strong DevOps culture in Agile environments with an understanding of modern infrastructure and software development best practices to build and lead a high calibre Platform Engineering team to design and build systems on the cloud and on premise on behalf of a leading UK Healthcare organisation. Up to circa £100k plus excellent benefits and the chance as Head of Platform Engineering to develop your own DevOps culture. Central London.
The Head of Platform Engineering is not a BAU role! This is a strategic and operational. As well as being articulate and passionate about technology you will have demonstrable experience of owning some form of change, whether moving from traditional to Agile environments or engaged in a digital transformation. You might already be a DevOps Engineering Manager or feel ready for your next career step up into a standalone leadership position where you can make your own mark and grow your own team.
The Head of Platform Engineering will focus on:
- Designing, building and running secure, scalable, available and efficient cloud-based solutions.
- Identifying repetitive, manual tasks and implement automation, eliminating toil and reducing waste where possible.
- Developing and maintaining tools and services in a DevOps/SRE-aligned model using robust engineering practice, including clean and efficient infrastructure-as-code, thorough and consistent testing, dependable CI/CD pipelines and cloud resource creation processes.
The Head of Platform Engineering will have demonstrative experience of:
- Experience in at least one public cloud e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Deep understanding of modern infrastructure and software development best practices.
- Experience in automation and continuous deployment approaches and technologies.
- Strong experience in systems engineering and architecture.
- Strong leadership skills, with solid experience of building teams of motivated and highly skilled engineers.
- Effective management and communication skills across all levels of the business, including executive leaders.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of managing large scale cross-functional engineering team.
In return you can expect a rewarding career in a unique and vibrant environment, together with a salary up to circa £100k plus benefits including:
* 30 days' holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays & discretionary extra days at Christmas
* Company Pension
* Interest Free Ticket Loan
* Childcare Vouchers
* Discounted Gym Membership
If you are a Senior DevOps Engineer Manager or DevOps Evangelist with proven expertise in building a strong DevOps culture in Agile environments with an understanding of modern infrastructure and software development best practices, ready for your next step up in a standalone leadership position where you can make your own mark and grow your own team, then apply now or contact Andrew Medhurst or Corin Benge at Inspire People in the strictest confidence for further information.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
DevOps, Platforms, "Head of Engineering", "Senior Platform Engineer", "Senior DevOps Engineer", Leadership, Management, Agile, Linux, Jenkins, Terraform, CI/CD, Salt, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, AWS, Azure, "Google Cloud Platform"