This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - ApplicationsIT Infrastructure - Cloud Computing / Virtualisation|
|Salary||£45k to £48k depending upon experience plus excellent benefits|
|Telephone||+44 (0)20 7871 8558|
A world-leading biomedical innovation and research organisation based in Central London has a great opportunity for a Data Engineer with MySQL and SSIS skills with Azure Data Factory (or equivalent) desirable, with a Cloud / IaaS / PaaS based approach (ideally Azure or AWS considered) to focus on the ongoing development of a Management Information/Data Warehouse platform, supporting the Data & Analytics team initially as part of the Platforms team. You will have the chance to develop your skills e.g. develop your cloud infrastructure skills with a DevOps approach (training for deployment/config management tools like Ansible /Terraform will be provided if required). Up to £48k plus excellent benefits. Central London.
Key Role Guide for the Data Platform Engineer:
* Participates in the design, development, and ongoing operations of infrastructure to support flexible data pipelines for application integration, data warehousing and analytics platforms.
* Work with Application Owners and external vendors to design and support both near real-time and batch data pipelines.
* Transform, cleanse, and target data for immediate consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics solutions and support the migration of specialist prototype data solutions into production quality services.
Essential / Desirable skills for the Data Platform Engineer:
* Data extraction and manipulation for ingest into data warehouse - API, database and file based (essential).
* Exposure to IaaS and PaaS tech in Microsoft Azure is desirable (AWS will be considered) - ADF, SSIS, MSSQL.
* PowerBI administration (permissions, security, sharing, testing etc) desirable or knowledge of where and how data is controlled within data warehouses.
In return, you can expect a competitive salary of up to £48k plus benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave (plus 3 privilege days) plus bank holidays and annual leave purchase.
- Defined Contribution Pension (up to 16% employer contribution).
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Vouchers
Apply now in the strictest confidence for further information about the organisation and the role.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
"Data Engineer", "Data Platform", MySQL, SSIS, ADF, "Azure Data Factory", Azure, MSSQL