|Area||UK - South East, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Applications|
|Salary||£425 - £475 day rate|
|Telephone||020 7871 8556|
A well-known, UK Broadband, Mobile and Cloud services company is looking for an Application Security Engineer to work within the Global Security Architecture and Engineering team, to act as a security expert on projects delivering new applications. Previous demonstrable experience working with application security and identifying security risks is essential. £425-£475 a day. 6-month contract with potential to roll-over.
The Application Security Engineer is responsible for performing design reviews of new applications, products and services to identify potential risks and recommend appropriate mitigation's.
Role guide for the Application Security Engineer includes:
- Performing security assessments/penetration testing of IT applications
- Create technical security standards for relevant technologies and carry out code review of high-risk application code
- Assist in the development and delivery of the organisations application security strategy
Experience/skills required for the Application Security Engineer includes:
- At least 5 years hands on experience of working with application security. Background as an AppSec specialist within a security team or as a Developer with significant experience of securing and defending applications against real world threats would be considered.
- Knowledge of common infrastructure technologies used to deliver and support applications and experience in identifying security flaws in applications, via architectural assessment and threat modelling.
- In depth knowledge of at least two of the following; Modern web applications and related technologies (Angular, React, jQuery, Spring), Android and IOS mobile applications, APIs and microservices, Authentication/Authorization frameworks e.g. OAuth, OIDC, SAML.
- Experience of manual security testing of applications using relevant tools (e.g. Burp suite, Nikto, SQLmap).
For more information please contact Corin Benge or Shayda James at Inspire People.
Inspire People is acting as an employment business providing work seeking services to customers and candidates.