This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - Midlands, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - 3rd Line SupportIT Infrastructure - Enterprise / Campus ICT|
|Salary||£30.5k to £37k DOE plus on-call allowance and on-call overtime,|
|Telephone||+44 (0)20 7871 8558|
This is a great opportunity for a 3rd line Infrastructure Engineer / IT Support Engineer or 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer / IT Support Engineer looking to progress, with Microsoft Server (2012/2016) and Virtual Server exposure (VMware or Hyper-V) to join a leading Public Sector health organisation in Nottingham, providing 3rd line Infrastructure and Systems support (60%) and project work (40%) within a mission critical environment. £30.5k to £37k DOE plus on-call allowance (remote, one week in six) with on-call overtime and great benefits.
You'll be joining a great team with a strong emphasis on personal and professional development. As well as demonstrating your technical skills within an operational environment, you'll need great verbal communication skills, be passionate about developing your skills and demonstrate your ability to cope under pressure when systems go down and lives are potentially at risk!
Key Responsibilities for the Infrastructure and System Engineer include:
* Provide specialist IT third level infrastructure support, including system/server/network installation, support and maintenance of clinical and non-clinical systems across a Wide Area Network (WAN).
* Assist with the installation, set up and configuration of a variety of complex, integrated IT equipment and systems, including investigating new software, firmware and hardware product specifications, including assessment, planning and UAT prior to release into a live environment.
* Provide specialist advice to 1st/2nd line Engineers and IT Project Teams, as well as participate in the On-call rota.
Key Skills required for the Infrastructure and System Engineer include:
* Working with Microsoft Server (2012/2016) and Windows (7,8,10). Cisco networking and Office 365 desirable but not essential.
* Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Azure or Hyper-V)
* Practical hands-on technical experience supporting systems within a sizable (100 plus users) n operational environment.
In return you'll work in a rewarding environment that underpins critical outcomes for the patient care within public sector and offers individual scope for technical and personal development.
If you are a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, IT Support Engineer or 2nd Line IT Support Engineer looking to step up into a 3rd Line role, with Microsoft Server (2012/2016/2019) and Virtual Server exposure (VMware or Hyper-V) experience and a passion for personal development, then apply now or contact Andrew Medhurst at Inspire People.
Inspire People is a recruitment agency providing services to individuals and employers.
"Infrastructure Engineer", "Support Engineer", "2nd Line", "3rd Line", Microsoft, Virtualisation, VMware, Azure, Hyper-V, "Office 365", WAN, SAN,