This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Systems AdminDevOps & Linux - DevOpsDevOps & Linux - DeveloperDevOps & Linux - LinuxDevOps & Linux - Systems Admin|
|Telephone||020 7871 8555|
Are you a Programmer or Developer looking to develop your skill sets within a fast-paced, challenging DevOps and IT Infrastructure environment? This is a great opportunity to take develop your existing skill set and develop into a fully contributing DevOps Engineer, building on your current skills set (basic to advanced) dependant on experience in coding, scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby etc), web servers (Apache) and databases (SQL). Circa £45k to £65k dependent upon experience. Central London.
You may have started your career as a Web Developer or Programmer developing web applications and as your career has progressed you have become more involved in managing the server infrastructure and DNS, working closely with client hosting teams in defining software, configuration management. Perhaps you have experience of migrating existing infrastructure and services from digital to the cloud?
Technology skill sets ideally required:
* A background in programming/development, able to script in Python, Bash, or similar languages, with a desire to develop coding skills further
* Good understanding and application of web service administration (Apache / nginx / Tomcat etc) and experience supporting web application
* Knowledge across the 3-Tier Architecture (user interface; application processing and data management).
* Version control system exposure (Git / SVN) and a basic understanding of Linux is ideal.
Key role guide for DevOps / Automation Engineer:
* Work with an operational DevOps team to maintain, troubleshoot and seek ways to improve/automate IT Infrastructure.
* Design, create and implement tooling (whether scripts or complex systems) to improve the effectiveness of yours' and the team's work
* Take ownership of projects handed over from build teams, and perform configuration changes following best practice
In return you can expect excellent opportunities to develop your skills and enhance your career within a stimulating working environment plus benefits, including:
* 30 days holiday plus additional discretionary days at Christmas
* Pension (up to 20% employer contribution)
* Season ticket loan
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee referral scheme
* Payment of one relevant professional subscription per annum
* Free eye care vouchers (free eye tests and contribution to glasses if required for PC use)
* Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (support line and free counselling)
* Discounted gym member (corporate rates)
* Discount shopping scheme
* Childcare vouchers
If you a Programmer or Developer looking to develop your skill sets within a fast-paced, challenging DevOps and IT Infrastructure environment, then please apply or contact Shayda James or Andrew Medhurst at Inspire People for more info.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
Python, salt, ansible, chef, puppet, vagrant, terraform, Java, bash, Perl, Jenkins, infrastructure, web infrastructure, migrations, cloud migrations, hosting, CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, DNS, continuous integration, CI, configuration, infrastructure engineer, web designer, senior developer, linux sysadmin, VMware, Amazon web services, AWS, Cloud Technologies, PHP,