This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Software Developer|
|Salary||Up to £50,000 + benefits|
|Telephone||020 7871 8555|
A unique opportunity for a Web Developer with a strong focus towards PHP and Drupal to join an in-house digital development team who are responsible for the continuous development of the organisation's web platforms, developing and supporting the operational and science-based applications, intranet and public facing websites. Salary up to £50k plus excellent benefits. Central London.
As the Web Developer you will be responsible for developing and supporting the websites and other digital initiatives. You will have solid experience with Drupal and PHP and most importantly, have a curious and creative mind that would like to experiment with new technologies (libraries, architecture, tools). This position will suit someone that is looking for something that is different from the usual large product team software environment but would still have an appreciation for fundamental best practice with respect to versioning, automation and peer review.
Your role as the Web Developer include but not limited to:
* Assist in developing the team/department in becoming a Centre of Excellence for Digital Technology.
* Designing and developing high quality, maintainable web applications that scale with the organisations and adapt to changing tech trends
* Use your all-round software development skills to work with a range of existing and new applications (with a focus on Drupal and Symfony).
As a Web Developer you will have:
* Significant expertise in PHP Frameworks in a LAMP/LEMP setup (essential), solid experience of Drupal development (essential) and experience with Symfony (desired, not essential)
* Exposure of working front-end (including theming) and working with languages such as Python and Java would be highly desirable
In return, you can expect to receive a competitive salary of up to £50k pa plus excellent benefits including:
* Opportunity to work in a modern, innovative and collaborative office environment
* 31 days' annual leave (includes 3 annual privilege days) plus 8 days' bank holidays
* Contribution Pension
* Life Assurance
* Season Ticket Loans
* Eating Out & Technology discount vouchers and much more
* Childcare Vouchers
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to take the next step up in your career? If you are a Web Developer with experience of working with PHP and Drupal and are looking for an environment which gives you the opportunity to tinker/experiment with up and coming new/cutting edge technologies then contact Shayda James at Inspire People today for further information and in complete confidence.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.