This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - London, UK|
|Skills||DevOps & LinuxDevOps & Linux - Big DataDevOps & Linux - DevOpsDevOps & Linux - DeveloperDevOps & Linux - LinuxDevOps & Linux - Systems Admin|
|Telephone||020 7871 8555|
Are you a Linux Systems Administrator looking to develop your skill sets within a fast-paced, challenging DevOps and IT Infrastructure environment? This is a great opportunity to take develop your existing Linux Systems Admin skill set and develop into a fully contributing DevOps Engineer, building on your current skills set in scripting (Bash, Python, Ruby etc), networking (TCP/IP etc) and databases (SQL). Circa £45k to £65k dependent upon experience. Central London.
You may have started your career as a Linux Systems Administrator and have progressed to become more involved in scripting / automation and DevOps tools, working closely with client hosting teams in defining software, configuration management. Perhaps you have experience of migrating existing infrastructure and services from digital to the cloud?
Technology skill sets ideally required:
* A background in Linux Systems Administration, knowledge and experience of working with AWS, ability to script in Python, Bash, or similar languages, with a desire to develop scripting skills further.
*Experience of working with CI/CD and infrastructure/configuration as code.
* Knowledge across the 3-Tier Architecture (user interface; application processing and data management) and networking (TCP/IP etc). Virtualisation would be ideal (VMware, AWS etc).
* Version control system exposure (Git / SVN) and a basic understanding of coding is ideal.
Key role guide for DevOps Engineer:
* Work with an operational DevOps team to maintain, troubleshoot and seek ways to improve/automate IT Infrastructure.
* Design, create and implement tooling (whether scripts or complex systems) to improve the effectiveness of yours' and the team's work
* Take ownership of projects handed over from build teams, and perform configuration changes following best practice
In return you can expect excellent opportunities to develop your skills and enhance your career within a stimulating working environment plus benefits, including:
* 30 days holiday plus additional discretionary days at Christmas
* Pension (up to 20% employer contribution)
* Season ticket loan
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee referral scheme
* Payment of one relevant professional subscription per annum
* Free eye care vouchers (free eye tests and contribution to glasses if required for PC use)
* Access to an Employee Assistance Programme (support line and free counselling)
* Discounted gym member (corporate rates)
* Discount shopping scheme
* Childcare vouchers
If you are a Linux Systems Administrator looking to develop your skill sets within a fast-paced, challenging DevOps and IT Infrastructure environment, then please apply or contact Shayda James or Andrew Medhurst at Inspire People for more info.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
"linux sys admin", Python, salt, ansible, chef, puppet, vagrant, terraform, Java, bash, Perl, Jenkins, infrastructure, web infrastructure, migrations, cloud migrations, hosting, CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, DNS, continuous integration, CI, configuration, infrastructure engineer, web designer, senior developer, VMware, Amazon web services, AWS, Cloud Technologies, PHP,