This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||UK - South East, UK|
|Skills||IT Infrastructure - Project Management|
|Salary||Circa £275 to £300 day rate|
|Telephone||020 7871 8556|
A well-known, UK Broadband, Mobile and Cloud services company is looking for a PMO Controller to join a new Tech PMO, working within a team that has many Technical internal customers within Network, Security, Compute and other Engineering areas. Previous demonstrable experience working in a Project Controls or PMO environment with planning capabilities i.e. produce a baseline schedule, sequences, critical paths is essential. £275 to £300 a day. Initial 3-month contract with potential to roll-over. Basingstoke.
The PMO Controller is responsible for planning, coordination, and execution on assigned projects. The PMO Controller is accountable for managing issues and risks, providing status reports, and creating and executing on the communication plan.
Role guide for the PMO Controller includes:
Project Planning Schedule Construct & Resource Profiling
* Produce a baseline schedule to underpin the project requirements ensuring the level of detail is correct for the type and complexity of project; tasks are logically linked correctly in accordance with the design lifecycle; all technical and non-technical requirements are reflected and all internal and external dependencies are accurately captured and linked to show any schedule impact on movement of dates.
* Making use of layout to ensure that schedule can be easily presented and understood by the project team
* Generate an accurate and meaningful critical path which can be communicated to the Project Team enabling issues to be reconciled and decisions made to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
* Provide assistance in the development of Work Breakdown Structures for a project or work stream which effectively reflects and communicates the project to Stakeholders.
* Contributes effectively to all gate reviews by providing relevant and reliable information. Assesses recommendations from gate reviews and instigates appropriate responses for corrective action.
* Undertakes monthly comprehensive status updates on projects in accordance with the Update and Review calendar using established reporting mechanisms and processes.
* Ensure the timely completion of Internal Reporting packs in line with Thales processes ensuring information is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
* Provide resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process in order to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the data publish.
Risk Management Concepts & Techniques
* Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management, ensuring the correct maintenance of the risk register and ensuring the correct profiling of risk resources.
Experienced / skills required for the PMO Controller includes:
* Previous demonstrable experience working in a Project Controls or PMO environment
* Possess planning capabilities i.e. produce a baseline schedule, sequences, critical path
* Ability to produce reports and interpret data. Appreciation or prior experience of Earned Value Analysis would be an advantage.
* Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including the ability to manipulate excel data into reporrts (essential) and management and creation of dashboards within excel (desirable0.
* Background in delivering technical projects, ideally with IT or Telecoms.
For more information please contact Corin or Andrew at Inspire People.
Inspire People is acting as an employment business providing work seeking services to customers and candidates.
PMO Controller, Telecoms, Project Management, PMO, Cloud, Technology,